I found this wonderful baking website called Bake at 350. Flavor of the Month is at the end of every month where you show what you created using the theme of ingredient. This month was Lemon and Lime. I decided to find an EASY recipe that I could whip up. I found this recipe for Easy Lemon Cookies that looked like a winner. They turned out really good, the texture of a cookie is as important to me as the flavor and these where perfect, soft and chewy.
Easy Lemon Cookies
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.