Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bistro Chicken

I found this recipe a long time ago and filed it away to try sometime. I file away a TON of recipes so pretty soon this one was forgotten. Then this week I was looking on This Week for Dinner and Jane had posted this recipe. We tried it tonight and I'm now sad it has taken me this long to try it! It was really yummy and easy, a winning combination. I think we'll eat it with rice from now on because we loved the sauce/rice combo.

Bistro Chicken
  • Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (there is enough sauce for 6 but I just made 2)
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can Campbell's French Onion Soup*
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • A few shakes Italian Seasoning
  • Swiss Cheese
Brown the chicken breasts in a medium-high skillet in oil or butter. Remove and place in casserole dish.

Cook onions in skillet for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, french onion soup and cook together to reduce liquid for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken in the casserole dish, top with Swiss cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


* I used the whole can of liquid in the soup but only about half of the onions.

1 comment:

cait said...

Yum! Chicken dishes are my favorite! I will definitely try this! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails