Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Favorite Cookie

Sorry about the bad picture, I forgot to take a picture of the cookies until all that was left was this sad cookie.

I saw this recipe on This Week for Dinner and I feel in love. I love chocolate chip cookies but I am very picky about them. They have to be soft and chewy, I don't like hard cookies. They also have to have great flavor. Well these are them. They taste like a mix between a snickerdoodle and a chocolate chip cookie. After my husband ate one he said: "these are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had", I had to quote that. I've been looking for THE chocolate chip cookie my kids would remember and I think I've found it.

Chocolate Chip Amish Puff Cookies
  • 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c softened unsalted butter
  • 1/2 c light brown sugar
  • 1/4 c white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 c chocolate chips ( I used Hershey's mini chocolate kisses)
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 4 tsp ground cinnamon (I only used about 1 tsp.)

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt into a bowl and set aside.

In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture, and mix on low speed just until combined. Cover dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips. (Stirred in the chocolate chips before the fridge.)

Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line several cookies sheets with parchment paper. Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar and place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. (this step is optional, but it does give a nice flavor)

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown. Cool cookie sheets on wire racks.

I'm linking this recipe to the recipe party over at Shabby Chic Cottage.

7 comments:

annieandjustin said...

those were so good. i cant wait to make them for justin.

Debbie said...

I rarely find one I absolutely love. I'm going to bookmark this!

Sara said...

oh my goodness! i love your blog! i miss you! and these LOOK amazing! like wow!

The Deal Fanatic said...

Thanks for stopping by my little "spot".
Let's talk about this delicious looking cookie. I must put that on my list.

Tri-Mom said...

I made them but instead of rolling the cookies in sugar and cinnamon I added it to the cookie dough.They are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is Scott.

SnoWhite said...

what a fun cookie recipe! thanks for the link from URS today.

Tricia said...

Hi there.
I'm stopping over from TSSC and I just wanted to say hello. This sounds fantastic!! I can always use a new take on a good cookie. I must try it. Thanks for sharing.

XO*Tricia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails