Sunday, November 1, 2009

Best Homemade Pizza

This pizza is soooo good. If you like the pan style pizza they have at Pizza Hut you will love this pizza. I found the recipe a long time ago on this blog. I knew I had to try it but after making it a few times I could never get it quite right. The flavor was amazing though so I knew this recipe would be fantastic.

I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong and now I think it is my favorite pizza dough recipe ever. I made it for my husband last night and he said it made him love me even more. If that doesn't say something I don't know what else will. Here is the recipe with some of my comments in red.

Amazing Deep Dish Pizza Dough

2 1/3 – 3 cups flour I usually used 3 cups, you want a pretty stiff dough.
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp yeast
1 cup warm milk
2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil

In your mixer combine the flour, salt, and yeast. Mix well. In a separate bowl combine warm milk, sugar and olive oil. While your mixer is on low, slowly pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Let the machine knead the dough for 5 minutes. Put in a greased bowl and let rise. After dough has doubled in size put dough on lightly floured surface and divide in half. Roll each half into a 7 inch circle. Place over your knuckles moving the dough around in a circle so that the middle is thinner than the sides. Place each dough ball into 2 separate cake pans that has 1-2 Tbsp olive oil (or vegetable, whichever flavor your prefer) in the bottom. And press out to the sides of the pan, trying to avoid getting the oil on top of the dough. I probably only used about 1-2 Tbsp. You need enough so that it will fry the bottom of the dough. Let the dough rise 10 minutes. The put on your favorite toppings.

Bake on bottom rack of oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Very Important: Make sure your rack is on the very bottom level in your oven or the curst will not crisp and cook. I usually bake mine 20 minutes and it's perfect.

1 comment:

ryan.abbott.dds said...

Mmmm, I would love Heather even more if she made that too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails