Monday, November 16, 2009

Bookcase Face Lift


I decided it was time to organize all of my craft supplies. I wanted a small bookcase so that everything would be easy to reach and organized. Whenever I organize something it has to not only be functional but pretty. That night I made my husband go to Ikea with me to find some shelfs that would work. We found this bookcase that had the perfect measurements but it was too plain. So I ran to the store and found some cute drawer lining paper.

If you find paper that is self-adhesive this is all you need. The back of the bookcase, scissors and paper.

Here is the finished product. I love to do this with all different kids of shelves, you can use just about anything on the background and it gives your furniture a lot of color and personality. Here are some picture of it up close with my ribbon organizer.
Here is the hutch I redid with fabric covering the back.

For more DIY products visit A Soft Place to Land.

12 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

LOVE that hutch. Very pretty, and the pattern is lovely. :) I'm looking for something like that for my Dining room. Visiting from Kimba's party. :)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

I love the hutch and the bookcase... they both turned out very cute. I've got an entertainment area that I've been wanting to do that with.

Delightful Dwelling said...

Beautiful! I really love that hutch, it's just gorgeous with the fabric.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love this idea ~ even if it's just paint! I love the fabric you used in your hutch.

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

The hutch is so very pretty and elegant looking. Great choice!

abnsigoslady said...

Beautiful. I love the hutch as well. The black and white are great. Laura @ the mansion

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I love BOTH pieces! What a great idea. I scrapbook and I'm always looking for new ways to organize my things, so thanks for the inspiration!

Katie said...

Oh I LOVE it, the fabric backing especially.

Thankfully Thrifty said...

I love this idea! I have been wanting to do something like this, but painting seemed like too much effort. I can't believe I hadn't thought to use wrapping paper! Brilliant!

Joelle said...

beautiful! - what store did you find the green shelving paper?

joelle1026@yahoo.com

thanks!

Katie @ Favorites and Things said...

Joelle, I found the paper at Target.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Okay, this is A-DOR-ABLE! I have the SAME exact plain-jane bookcase in our entry -- and I would love to copy your idea with it and spruce it up! Fabulous job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails