Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mummy Cups with Peanut Butter Popcorn



I saw some mummy cups like these in a magazine but they used fabric for the strips. I thought gluing on paper strips would be just as cute and so cheap because we already had all of the supplies.


All you need is:
  • Paper ripped into strips
  • Glue
  • Pastic or paper cups
  • Goggly Eyes
Put some glue on the cups and just start glueing the paper onto the cups. Try to cover all of the cup leaving no holes. Once it's covered glue on the eyes and fill them with whatever you like. 




This was such a fun easy craft to make and would be adorable as a little party favor or a treat for someone just wrapped up in cellophane and tied with a bow. I would have done that if I had any cellophane.

My girls loved making these too, this is how my 4 year olds turned out. She says it looks spooky.


We filled ours with Peanut Butter Popcorn which is one of our favorite snacks for movie night or game night. It is super simple to make and so addictive. Once you start eating it, you'll never stop. 



Peanut Butter Popcorn

1/2 c. Light Corn Syrup
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
1 t. Vanilla
6 - 8 c. Popped Pop Corn (about 1/2 c. un poped corn)

1. Mix corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter over medium heat just until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Take off heat and add the vanilla.
3. Stir in the Popcorn and eat! Watch out, it's HOT for a few minutes.                     


9 comments:

Madison & Mike said...

I LOVE this idea!! I think the popcorn looks like the mummy's brain. Gross but so much fun!

Unknown said...

How cute are those?! I love that they're easy enough for kids to make too; I have a 4 yr old also and he loves crafting with me. Thanks for sharing; I'd be just thrilled if you'd share this post at my party, going on now!
http://www.oneartsymama.com/2012/10/shine-on-fridays-50-and-giveaway.html

Sue said...

These mummy cups are so cute, and the peanut butter popcorn sounds like a yummy alternative to caramel corn! It's a yummy mummy:)

Nicole @WonkyW said...

These turned out wonderful - Great idea! The popcorn looks pretty good too :)

Vanessa said...

They turned out great! I like how you used the paper instead of fabric.

Unknown said...

These are adorable. Mummies are one of our favorites :D

We'd love it if you stop by and share it our our Linky Party: Family Recipes and Crafts Linky Party

Hope you stop by!

Crystal said...

Cute! :-)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Love the mummy cups, and anything with popcorn is a win in my book! Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring you on my blog tomorrow!

http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

Sumo:)

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Loving these cups! So adorable and such a fun idea!! Can't wait to try out the recipe.

I also wanted to let you know that I featured you on my blog today. Come by and check it out: http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2012/10/pinteresting-features-n-shtuff-55.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails