Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



I love all things pumpkin flavor, except pumpkin pie. Strange I know. Anyway, these are my go to pumpkin chocolate chip muffin and my favorite muffin of all time.  I love them because they are easy to make, taste devine and they use the whole can of pumpkin puree. No more trying to figure out what to make with the rest of the can.

I found this recipe one day when I googled healthy chocolate chip muffins, I don't think these are necessarily healthy but they have become my tried and true recipe. We are lucky if these last longer than one day, my whole family can not stop eating them. I also add about a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in mine because everything is better with chocolate. 



INGREDIENTS:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour or 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (or the white/wheat blend)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 15 ounce can solid-pack pumpkin (yes, dump in the whole can)
1/3 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon cloves
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1/2 chocolate chips

Topping:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar


DIRECTIONS:

Put oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 350F. Put liners in muffin cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
1. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
2. Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, cloves, nutmeg, 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined.
3. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another small bowl.
4. Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake until puffed and golden brown and a wooden pick or skewer inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes for regular muffins, 15-17 minutes for mini-muffins.

Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes, then transfer muffins from pan to rack and cool to warm or room temperature.

Source: Slightly adapted from: Healthy Diet Mom

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails