Monday, February 1, 2010

A Valentine's Tree


My mom gave me a little white Christmas Tree this year that she was just going to throw away. We used it during Christmas as another decoration and then put it away. Then I saw on someones blog (I wish I could remember who! Update: It was Laurel's cute tree that I saw, you can find it Here) that they created a Valentine's Tree out of their little white one. Why didn't I think of that?? So here is my first Valentines Decoration of the year.

I was going to make my decorations but then I went to Michale's and found these cute little hearts on sale. The only problem was that they only had red, which really isn't a problem if you have some glitter and Mod Podge.


I just did a layer of Mod Podge (has it always been Mod Podge, I thought it was Modge Podge) and sprinkled the glitter on. Then I cut some ribbon and stuck it to the top of the heart.


Ta Da, pretty cute.


The finished Valentine's Tree. Now I just need to find some little gifts to go under it.

DIY Day @ ASPTL


Penny Pinching Party
Blue Cricket Design
Creations by Kara

11 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I have a very similar tree - mine is pink! So so cute!

Madison & Mike said...

Love it! And yes I think it used to be Modge Podge

Katie @ Favorites and Things said...

Laurel, it was your tree that I saw! I'll have to update the post, I just loved the look of yours!

Erin A said...

How cute is this?!

Thanks for your comments, ps-I have already written down your crockpot chicken recipe, that picture drew me right in!! :)

Marshmallow Circus said...

I love it. I have to make this! I will let you know when I do, and link back. Thanks for the great idea. :)

Katie said...

I love your tree and how you gave the ornaments a fun treatment to make them even cuter. I am still kicking myself for not buying a pink tree at an after Christmas sale. It would be perfect for decorating now.

So Sunny Day said...

just lovely!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Too cute!

O.M.G. said...

what an adorable idea! i'm not crazy about the obligatory christmas tree so i've never done one but i love the unique idea of a valentine's tree. i'll definately keep this one in mind. i love the glitter heart ornaments!!!

Selina said...

I used the same hearts to decorate my valentine tree, but didn't think to tie with ribbons. I enjoyed my visit i'll be back.

Anonymous said...

That is just darling! Thanks so much for linking up. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails