Monday, November 5, 2012

The Best Fast and Easy Breadsticks


A few months ago I was making dinner and I thought breadsticks would be a nice addition to the meal. I went to my friendly Google and searched for something like "quick and easy breadsticks". Whenever I search for anything "Fast and Easy" is almost always in the title. This recipe won out of all the other breadsticks because I didn't even have to roll anything out on my counter. I hate rolling thing on my counter, it's just another mess I don't want to clean up.

I'm so glad I tried these because not only do you not have to hand kneed them or roll them on your counter but they are delicious! Fluffy, soft and just plan good. 

The first time I made these I did not have the Johnny's Garlic Seasoning so I just sprinkled on some garlic powder and parsley. They tasted great like that but I found a bottle of the Johnny's Garlic Seasoning at Walmart which I'll be using from now on because it's simple. It all comes down to being lazy and wanting everything simple and fast! Am I the only one like that? 

Recipe from: Jamie Cooks It Up

Ingredients:

1 1/2 C warm water
2 T sugar
1 T yeast
1/2 t salt
3 1/2- 4 C flour
1/4 C butter 
3/4 C grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning (or a combination of garlic salt and parsly) 


1. Mix the water, sugar and yeast together in a measuring cup or in the bottom of your mixer. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the salt and the flour, one cup at a time, until it is well incorporated. Mix on high for 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.                                                         
3. Melt the butter and pour half of it onto a large cookie sheet.           
4. Place the dough in the center of the pan. Let it sit for a minute or two, which will make it easier to spread out.                                                                            
5. Spread the dough flat onto the pan trying to cover most of the pan.
6. Pour on the other half of butter and sprinkle with Seasoning and Cheese.
7. Using a pizza cutter, cut the breadsticks down the middle once lengthwise and then again about 12 times the other way.
8. Put the pan into a 170 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes for the breadsticks to rise a little.
9. Leave the breadsticks in the oven and turn it up to 350 and bake for about 12 minutes once it gets to 350, or until golden brown.
10. Let them rest for a few minutes and then recut them where needed. 
For great step by step photos check the original blog post on Jamie Cooks It Up.

5 comments:

Tobins' Tastes said...

These look delicious! What a perfect thing to pair with a bowl of soup for the fall!

I would love for you to share with my readers at Mealtime Monday!

Kaylee
www.couponingncooking.com

Unknown said...

Looks Yummy! I love that is fast and easy!

Sandra from simpleispretty.com

Maria said...

These look so good!!!!! I love good breadsticks... I always feel like I don't even need to have dinner when I see a basket of these!!!

TinaA said...

They look yummy!

Becca said...

Mmmm! Found your yummy post via Or So She Says... Definitely have to pin!

ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails