1. Thanksgiving at the Tappletons' I remember reading this book when I was little and I still love it today. Apparently they decided to reillustrate it using a family of foxes instead of the original people, which is strange. I like the original. But it's still a fun and silly book we all enjoy.
2. Thanksgiving Is Here! This is a sweet short book about Thanksgiving day. The illustrations are my favorite part. Addie loves looking at all the people and figuring out what they're doing.
3. Balloons over Broadway This is the true story of the man who created the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It is really well done and an interesting read for even the parents. It's a little too old for Grace at 18 months but Addie enjoys reading it.
4. 10 Fat Turkeys Addie thinks this book is hilarious. We have a lot of fun reading the little rhyme and looking at all the funny turkeys. Definitely for the younger crowd.
5. Sarah Morton's Day: A Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Girl This is also a book from my past. Instead of illustrations the book has pictures of a young girl reenacting a day in Pilgram times. Addie enjoys looking at the pictures and I think it gives her a better idea of what it was like to be a Pilgram.
Here are some more Thanksgiving books I've found that we like.
The Night Before Thanksgiving