Thursday, March 4, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

My mom used to make these pancakes when we were growing up. I'm telling you they really are the only way to go. I LOVE these pancakes! I can't eat the "just add water" pancakes anymore because they just taste so blah compared to these, PLUS these only take a few minutes to whip together. It's probably the 1/4 stick of butter melted into the batter that makes them taste So good.

Buttermilk Pancakes

1/4 C. butter
1 1/3 C. buttermilk *
1 egg
1 1/2 C. all purpose flour
2 t. sugar
1 t. baking powder
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

Melt butter, set aside to cool. Combine buttermilk and egg. In medium bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined. Stir in melted butter. Batter should be lumpy.
*I don't usually have buttermilk on hand so I just add about 1 T. white vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of plain milk.


Visit Life As Mom for more recipes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails