Friday, August 28, 2009

Easy Peach Ice Cream

I love homemade ice cream, I'm so happy we got an ice cream maker for our wedding because I probably wouldn't have one right not if we didn't. But I love it! We decided to make some Peach Ice Cream, which is now the last of Peach Week because the box is empty! We finished off the peaches way faster than I expected.

This recipe is good and easy. I actually can't even take the credit because my husband was the one that made it. This also makes a lot of ice cream, only half would fit in our ice cream maker.

Peach Ice Cream
From Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book

4 cups half and half, light cream, or milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 T. vanilla
2 cups whipping cream
4 cups fresh peaches, blended until nearly smooth, it should make 2 cups

In large bowl combine half and half, sugar and vanilla. Stir until sugar dissloves. stir in whipping cream. Freeze ice cream mixture in a 4 or 5 quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

this sounds delightful! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails