Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Homemade Gift Bow


This is a repost from a post I did about 2 years ago. I still wrap all of my presents this way so I wanted to post this again with better pictures. 

Have you been wrapping all your gifts? I've started and I'm about half way done, now I just have to wait for the rest of them to arrive. My favorite tip about wrapping presents is making your own bow for the top. My mom has made these bows for as long as I can remember and her mom before that. It is one of those things I just kind of thought everyone did, until people started asking me how to make them. So here is the easy bow tutorial.


 Wrap your box.

       Find a scrap of wrapping paper.  I usually just cut off a rectangle and fold it in half.



Now just start cutting strips, you can make them as wide or as thin as you want. Making them thicker or thinner will change the look of the finished bow. I usually cut them about 1/2 inch wide.




When all of your strips are cut, open the scissors up and glide the paper across the blade. I always start in the middle and go in opposite directions. As you glide the paper it should curl the paper. You may have done this with ribbon, its the same thing. Don't push to hard because you could rip the paper.

Now group all of the strips in the middle along the fold line. Secure with a peace of tape with the edges hanging over the paper to attach to the box.
    

Tada! You're done. Easy, beautiful, and inexpensive. Admire your cute festive bow then start on the next one. 


Linking up to some of these great sites. 

2 comments:

The CSI Girl said...

Very cute! what a great idea! I hope you will link this up to The CSI project today. The challenge is creative gift wrapping. So, come on over!!!
www.thecsiproject.com

FerrellGraph-x said...

Looks easy enough! Thanks for sharing :)
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails