Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chocolate Peppermint Poke Cake


This is a seriously good cake. I saw the picture of this cake on pinterest and pinned it right away but didn't think about it again until we were invited to a party and asked to bring a dessert. I knew this was the dessert I wanted to try and I was so happy to find out how easy it is.

This is the perfect cake to make for a holiday party or anytime.  Reed and I would have been happy to finish off the entire pan ourselves after putting the girls to bed.

In the original recipe she used these ANDES Peppermint Chips, which I saw at Walmart at the beginning of the Christmas season but I couldn't find any last week when I made the cake. I used this Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Bar that I found at Walmart in the holiday baking section. The original recipe also mixed in some of the candy into the pudding. I left this step out but I'm sure it would be good that way.




Chocolate Peppermint Poke Cake

Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
All Ingredients to make Cake Mix (Oil, Eggs, Water)
4 oz Package Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 C. Cold Milk
1/4 t. Peppermint Extract
1 Cups Andes Peppermint Chips or Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Bar Chopped
8 oz Container Cool Whip, Thawed


1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions in a 9 x 13 pan.
2. When the cake comes out of the oven use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake.
3. Mix the pudding, milk and peppermint Extract for two minutes and then pour the pudding all over the cake while it's still warm.
4. Put in the fridge and chill until completely cooled.
5. Frost with the Cool Whip and then sprinkle on the Candy.
5. Leave in the fridge until ready to eat.
6. Enjoy!

Recipe Adapted from I Wash You Dry.

1 comment:

Ashleyl said...

The cake was so good!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails